Hiver offers teams the simplest way to offer outstanding, personalized customer service. As a customer service solution built on Gmail, Hiver is intuitive, super easy to learn, and delightful to use. Hiver is used by thousands of teams at some of the best known companies in the world to provide attentive, empathetic and human service to their customers at scale. We’re a top rated product on G2, and rank very highly on customer satisfaction.
At Hiver, we obsess about being world class at everything we do. Our product is loved by our customers, our content engages a very wide audience, our customer service is one of the highest rated in the industry, and our sales team is as driven about doing right by our customers as they are by hitting their numbers.
We’re profitably run, and are backed by notable investors. K1 Capital led our most recent round of $22 million. Before that, we’ve raised from Kalaari Capital, Kae Capital and Citrix Startup Accelerator.
We have worked hard to build a work environment that is invigorating, creative and positive. We love working with people who own and love what they do, and we are serious about making sure that everyone who works at Hiver finds the work that they do enriching and satisfying.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Hiver, you will have a critical role to play to build and scale our product to thousands of users globally. We are growing very fast and process over 5 million emails daily for thousands of active users on the Hiver platform. You will get a chance to work with and mentor a group of smart engineers as well as learn and grow yourself working with very good mentors. You’ll get the opportunity to work on complex technical challenges such as making the architecture scalable to handle the growing traffic, build frameworks to monitor and improve the performance of our systems, and improve reliability and performance.
- Code, design, develop and maintain new product features. Improve the existing services for performance and scalability
- Own the complete product lifecycle, from coming up with the right product features for customers, system improvements, addressing tech debt followed by deciding the technical approach, sizing up the work and effort, and forming the release strategy
- Act as a role model for ensuring code quality at Hiver. Extensively participate in code reviews across multiple projects
- Coach junior engineers with code comments, documents, and presentations. Promote the best coding and testing practices across the team
- Track record of assessing the fairly accurate expected time of arrival (ETA) for large & complex projects and working with a team to meet these timelines with high confidence
- Solid understanding of data structures/algorithms, low-level design, and system design
- A minimum of 1 year of experience with Python or other backend scripting languages (Node.js, Php, Ruby)
- Should have built and maintained production-grade services which are being used by a good number of active users/customers
- Deep understanding of relational databases (eg, MySql) with some experience with NoSQL databases too
- Good to have experience of frontend development with modern JS libraries (eg, React, Vue, Angular)
- Experience working with cloud platform providers - AWS, GCP
- Experience with serverless is a plus
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying