Hiring Data Scientist for an A.I.-powered digital banking lending product company (Well established)
Mode of work: Remote
Experience: 4 - 6 yrs
#datascientist #fintechopenings #machinelearning #MLopenings#
- Develop data products and models used in managing credit/fraud risk and customer lifetime valuation and provide frictionless customer experience for various products and services Oportun provides.
- Build end-to-end reusable and automatic pipelines from data acquisition to model development to model output delivery through partnership with data and production engineering teams.
- Lead initiatives to drive business value from start to finish including project planning, communication and stakeholder management.
- Lead discussions with Compliance, Bank Partners and Model Risk Management teams to facilitate the Model Governance Activities such as Model Validations and Monitoring.
- Lead, coach and partner with the DS and non-DS team to deliver results
- Communicate and partner with third party data vendors.
- A relentless problem solver and out of the box thinker with a proven track record of driving business results in a timely manner
- Comfortable in a high-growth, fast-paced and agile environment
- Master’s degree or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or Economics or other quantitative discipline (Bachelor’s degree with significant relevant experience will be considered).
- 3+ years data science experience in developing and deploying Machine Learning models
- Hands on experience leveraging machine learning techniques such as Gradient Boosting, Clustering, Logistic Regression and Neural Network to solve real world problems
- 3+years of hands-on experience with data extraction, cleaning, analysis and building reusable data pipelines using SQL, Spark SQL, and Python/Pyspark
- 3+ years of experience in designing, developing and leveraging model platform/MLOps, or 3+ years of hands-on experience with engineering/SW development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management and project management skills is a plus
- Experience working with AWS EMR, Sage-maker or other cloud-based platforms is a plus
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying