Open is home to a bunch of hustlers who are building a business banking platform that is fast changing the way businesses bank & manage their finances. Being the world’s fastest growing SME neobank, we are constantly trying to push boundaries at offering hearty customer-experiences
We’re home to some of the smartest & brightest 180+ minds in the fintech space. We’re a Series B funded start-up backed by leading international funds like Tiger Global, Speedinvest, Beenext, AngelList, Recruit, Tanglin Venture Partners, 3one4 Capital, Unicorn India Ventures to name a few.
We’re a tight-knit tribe of creators and makers who are shaking up the way business banking rolls for over 600,000 businesses.
Experience: 9-12 Years
Job Location: Bangalore
We are looking for a technical leader to join our growing engineering team at Open. Our engineering team is structured into small squads of four to six engineers, each led by a Squad leader. For this role you will oversee a team of engineers on one of the squads, supporting team members and ensuring the successful execution of their projects and operations. You will be working closely with the squad leader to execute and roll out features on time.
While you will not be expected to write critical path code, you will spend some time coding and be the technical owner on your team. You achieve results not through micromanagement, but rather by empowering your team and helping them to run autonomously to deliver great work. You are a growing people manager who cares about the well-being and growth of your engineers, you have experience coaching your team members to success and developing their careers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own the technical roadmap of two or three key components of product and delivery responsibility.
- Ability to understand why a feature should be built in the services you own and its impact on the overall ecosystem.
- Work closely with architect and product owners to solution and deliver best in class and highly scalable product features
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- You work closely with Product Management, Business Development and Operations team and enable them by providing scalable and high quality technology solutions at a rapid pace.
- You set up best practices for development and champion their adoption and at the same time Architect & design technically robust, flexible and scalable solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of software engineering practices and best practices like coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Closely coordinate with other internal departments to deliver critical features and functionalities
What you’ll bring along:
- 5+ years of engineering experience, with 3+ years of combined tech leadership and people management.
- Previously lead and/or managed a team of 3 or more engineers.
- 2+ years of software engineering and development work
- Experience recruiting and building incredible engineering teams with complementary skill sets
- Deeply technical with a track record of successful delivery
- Worked in a high growth startup - can make stability, performance and fast release trade-offs for different scenarios
- Proven success in building, motivating and retaining teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex plans and designs
- Data driven decision making
- Prior experience in fintech industry is a plus
Why work at Open?
- You’ll be part of the early tribe that is changing the way business banking rolls
- Every atom of your work will impact the way millions of businesses are run
- You’ll work with some the brightest minds who’ll celebrate your quirks
- You’ll find growth & fun to be two-way streets - how you thrive and the way you jive, in turn drives Open
- Multitask and work effectively under pressure with careful attention to detail
- A team player, professional attitude, take initiative on workload and working to
- Improve your craft
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying