• Experience as Engineering Lead / Manager or similar senior-level position
• 8+ years of working experience in a technical role with 3+ years of managing 20 or more
• A seasoned leader who has unlimited energy to influence and is daring to take initiatives and
• Excellent project management skills and a strong focus on timely delivery
• High personal drive; results-oriented; get things done attitude
• Someone who believes we can build rockets if required to solve our problems
• Supremely tech-savvy, should be able to wear multiple hats, a world class developer,
technical architect, strong understanding of servers, database designer.
• Large-scale software product engineering experience with contemporary tools and delivery
methods in a complex environment (i.e. .).
• Must be knowledgeable about industry trends, best practices, and change management.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Effective in building close working relationships with others
• Innovative and creative and adaptive to a new environment
• Ability to absorb professional knowledge quickly and develop skills.
• You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative
design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting-edge technologies.
• Ambitious individuals who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals
with a creative approach to work.
• An intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management.
• Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results
• A programmer who is a role model.
• Work with technical leaders and Product Management to plan, scope, and schedule work
• Manage the execution of a product roadmap to ensure timely deliveries
• Set and enforce high standards for quality and performance of software
• Continuously improve the effectiveness of the team
• Support engineers in their professional development
• Participate heavily in the architecture and design of the systems
• Scale the engineering team to build and deliver world-class solutions
• Hire, mentor, and grow leaders in the team
• Hold your own in technical discussions, be a subject matter expert and have strategic
• Set processes for managing priorities, projects, and individual performance
• Set clear goals and lead collaborative achievements
• Responsible for the overall software development life cycle.
• Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
• Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum
• Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, enhancing and maintaining a
best-of-class engineering team.
• Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and
• Contribute substantially to innovation and overcome technology limitations to deliver on
• You will continuously evaluate relevant technologies, influence and drive architecture and
• Report on the status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to
• Review projects' ability to deliver robust and scalable solutions toward this vision, learning
and incorporating new technologies as appropriate.
• Build relationships with other Managers, and Engineers across various teams.
• Participate in Agile project management methodologies to provide technical leadership and
project management for all aspects of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
• Build, manage, and develop world-class engineers including hiring recommendations and
guiding and mentoring engineers and project managers within and outside of the team.
• Ensure high-quality design reviews that meet business and architectural goals and drive
critical feedback on architecture and design issues.
• Participate in strategic planning to achieve technical and business goals with the team,
leadership chain, and with customers
What to Bring
• Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 4+ years of experience designing and developing complex, interactive platform
• 5+ years of experience in software development with strong expertise in Java/Golang with
micro web frameworks – like Play, Spring MVC, reactive programming
• At least 3+ years managing software development teams
• Exposure in building RESTful APIs with monitoring (new relic, statsd, graphite), fault
tolerance and metrics
• Experience with MySQL, NoSQL (Cassandra, Redis, DynamoDB)
• Experience in server-side services using ElasticSearch, Kafka
• Experience with AWS stack.
• Experience with CI/CD processes.
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects and bringing in
and growing engineering talent
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex
technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• An entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong program and product management skills
• High adaptability in a dynamic start-up environment